Looking for information about our Privacy practices? Our Frequently Asked Questions aim to answer your questions.
I USE OPEN INSULIN SERVICES AND WANT TO UNDERSTAND OPEN INSULIN’S PRIVACY PRACTICES.
What information does Open Insulin have about me?
Information you provide to us, for example:
- Contact information and account registration details, such as your email address to send you messages about your favorite reality shows.
- Research and feedback, such as your comments, so that we can improve our services.
Information we collect automatically, for example:
- Device information and identifiers, such as your IP address or browser type, so we can ensure our website is optimized to your viewing needs.
- Connection and usage data, such as the fact that you opened one of our emails, so that we serve you more relevant content.
How does Open Insulin use my personal information?
- Provide the Open Insulin, for example if you have trouble accessing a feature on a website, we can offer you support. We may also use the fact that you had trouble to work to improve that feature or create new ones.
- Send you marketing communications, for example we may send you information about events Open Insulin for the public.
- Protect our users, Services, and properties, for example we may detect an unauthorized attempt to log in to an account.
How does Open Insulin share my personal information?
- Partners. For example, you may ask us to share your information with one of our partner laboratories or grant sponsors..
- Social Networks. For example, you may click ‘share’ to have a news story from Open Insulin appear on your social media account. When you do this some information about you will be passed to the platform.
- Service Providers. For example, we may use a vendor to collect data about a user’s ‘journey’—what webpage they start on, what pages they view and for how long—to optimize our website.
- Law Enforcement. For example, we may work with law enforcement if we detect potential fraud on one of our digital platforms.
How does Open Insulin use tracking technology like cookies?
Does Open Insulin sell my personal information?
The California Consumer Privacy Act defines a ‘sale’ in a way that may include allowing a third party to receive certain information to add to a profile about your device, browser, or you. While Open Insulin does not use any of these profiling prowers interest-based advertising on any of it’s services as a California based organization we believe in allowing you to have the opportunity to opt-out anyway. To learn how to opt-out, you can go to this link.
In Nevada we are required to state that certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “covered information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information. “Covered information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online. While Open Insulin does not currently engage in this activity, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased goods or services from Open Insulin, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by emailing us at email@example.com. Please use “Nevada Do Not Sell” in the subject line.
Can I make a request to access and delete my data?
Depending on your country or State of residence, you may have the right to have your personal information deleted, or ask for a copy of it. If you live in California, you (or your authorized agent) can exercise your access or deletion right here or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Other US residents who may wish to learn about their access and deletion rights, can do so here. Alternatively, please contact us on email@example.com and include “My Rights” in the subject line of your email.
Can I submit a request on someone else’s behalf?
In accordance with local law, depending on your country or state or residence, a third party may be allowed to submit an individual rights request on your behalf. To learn more about authorized agents submitting requests for California residents click here.
How do I opt out of email marketing messages?
Open the email from the Open Insulin brand you wish to stop receiving marketing from and click on the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of the message.
Following the above process will only unsubscribe you from the marketing messages from that particular brand. If you wish to opt out of the marketing distribution lists of multiple Open Insulin brands, please do so on a per-brand basis.
I DO BUSINESS WITH OPEN INSULIN AND WANT TO UNDERSTAND OPEN INSULIN’S PRIVACY PRACTICES.
What data does Open Insulin have about me?
In addition to the data fields described above (for example, we may have video of you if you visit one of our properties), we may also have:
- Business contact information, such as your business email so that our sales or PR teams can get in touch (with your consent, if required).
- Due diligence information, such as your background information, to ensure that we are legally allowed to do business with you.
How does Open Insulin use the information they have about me?
In addition to the data uses described above (for example, we may collect your information if you visit our offices in order to secure our office space), we may also use your data:
- To build and manage business relationships, for example, we may use your office address to send you an invitation for an event.
- For compliance and risk management activities for business relationships, for example, gifts and business expense tracking.
I’M A OPEN INSULIN JOB APPLICANT/VOLUNTEER AND WANT TO UNDERSTAND THE COMPANY’S PRIVACY PRACTICES.
If you are applying for a job, or volunteering with Open Insulin or have done so in the past, you can learn more about the data we collect and how we use it here.